October 12, 2020 10:06 PM, "Demi M. Obenour" <demioben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I created https://github.com/OpenSMTPD/OpenSMTPD/pull/1087, which
> fixes some bugs and avoids spawning shells when it isn’t necessary
> to do so. Should I split it up into multiple smaller PRs? Also,
> it has only been tested on Linux.

Hello,

First of all, you should definitely split diffs into multiple ones so
they can be evaluated separately otherwise they are too big to review
and can only be rejected as a whole. I personally can't spend time to
review big diffs at the moment while I could probably review a lot of
smaller ones.

You should also send the diffs to OpenBSD tech@ list because Github's
commits and pull requests are only done for portability purposes. The
official repository for OpenSMTPD is OpenBSD. The only things that'll
be merged from Github pull requests are ones that make changes out of
smtpd/ subdirectory, or inside smtpd/ subdirectory when it fixes some
build issues on other systems. Any other change should go through the
OpenBSD developers via diffs sent to tech@.

I do look at the bug tracker still but will only handle portable bits
as I no longer commit to OpenBSD.

Gilles