Le 17/01/2021 à 18:55, Edgar Pettijohn a écrit :
On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 06:33:29PM +0100, Yvan Masson wrote:
Hi list,

I have two Debian servers that need to be able to send notification emails
via a relay. Their configuration is identical, but only the first works
properly. On the second, sending to aliases does not work:

$ echo foo | mail -s test y...@masson-informatique.fr
-> works

$ echo foo | mail -s test root
mail: cannot send message: Process exited with a non-zero status
-> does not work :-(

Unfortunately after two hours digging I still can't find where the issue
lies??? Any pointer would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Yvan

# smtpd -d -T lookup
82908be87cc7fef7 smtp event=connected address=local host=debian
lookup: check "local" as NETADDR in table static:<localhost> -> found
lookup: check "server.foo.fr" as DOMAIN in table static:<localnames> -> 0
lookup: check "local" as NETADDR in table static:<localhost> -> found
lookup: check "server.foo.fr" as DOMAIN in table static:<dynamic:0> -> 0
82908be87cc7fef7 smtp event=failed-command address=local host=debian
command="RCPT TO:<r...@server.foo.fr> " result="550 Invalid recipient"

82908be87cc7fef7 smtp event=closed address=local host=debian
reason=disconnect

$ cat /etc/smtpd.conf
listen on localhost
# If you edit the file, you have to run "smtpctl update table aliases"
table aliases file:/etc/aliases
table secrets file:/etc/smtpd.secrets
accept for local \
     alias <aliases> \
     deliver to mbox
accept for domain masson-informatique.fr \
     relay via secure+auth://y...@mail.infomaniak.com:587 \
     auth <secrets> \
     as y...@masson-informatique.fr

$ cat /etc/aliases
root: y...@masson-informatique.fr

r...@server.foo.fr:     y...@masson-informatique.fr

Thanks Edgar for the quick reply, but unfortunately I have the same result…

$ cat /etc/hostname
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       server.foo.fr serveur
::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1         ip6-allnodes
ff02::2         ip6-allrouters