On 22/01/09 09:05AM, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I wonder if opensmtpd starts using new key and certificate chain
> automagically,
> in case they replaced the old files? Do I have to hup or restart smtpd?
>
> Hopefully I am not too blind to see, but apparently the man page doesn't tell.
>
> Regards
> Harri

Hi,

I am not very knowledgeable about your question, however, I have been
hosting my opensmtp-powered email server for about a year now, and I
never restart smptpd after certificate renewal. Nothing seemed to have
broken by doing so. I do restart the IMAP server, dovecot in my case,
though.

Hope this helps.

Hakan