Hello,

expand-only
Only accept the message if a delivery method was specified in an aliases or
.forward file.

forward-only
Only accept the message if the recipient results in a remote address after the
processing of aliases or forward file.

basically, you use expand-only if you want to force recipients to be specified
in aliases
or forward file regardless of what they resolve to, and you use forward-only if
they must
resolve to an external address.

Gilles