Because you should know.

http://blog.bobbarr2008.com/2008/10/08/is-the-nra-about-to-endorse-bob-barr/

Hi Springfield friends!,

THANK YOU for getting fired up and working on such short notice!

For those of you who haven't heard yet - the NRA is going to formally
endorse John McCain tomorrow and they are doing it in SPringfield, MO.

Keith Rodgers has the time and place.

Here are the talking points we need pushed on call-in shows, in the news
blogs, etc.:

* John McCain has been fighting against the NRA for years
* Bob Barr is a Life Member of the NRA and a member of the Board of
Directors
* John McCain has a "C" rating with the NRA, Bob Barr has a lifetime "A+"
rating
* McCain supports gun control laws and led the effort to "close the gun show
loophole"
* This is a sell-out of the NRA membership, who are principled 2nd Amendment
supporters, by most of the NRA leadership.

Whenever possible, refer to John McCain as a "liberal" who "has a history of
supporting gun control".

Call on gun rights/2nd Amendment supporters to DO THE RIGHT THING and back
Bob Barr for President because he has a proven history of both supporting
our 2nd Amendment rights and being a LEADER on the issue.

Do we have any NRA members amongst our ranks? Let's see if he and/or she can
be available to tell reporters that they are voting for Bob Barr and they
are furious at the NRA leadership's sell out.

Contact any reporters you know and put these questions in their minds. Let
them know that "The Bob Barr for President Campaign's National Field
Director, Mike Ferguson" will be in Springfield and available to the media.
Use the title to leverage our presence. Feel free...no....please give them
my cell phone number: 816.695.1425 and make it clear that I am available for
morning shows while I'm on the road.

DO NOT PUSH THE FOLLOWING LINK, but use the information in it - you can get
an idea of what one of the nation's most influential conservatives has to
say about John McCain and the 2nd Amendment by going to my blog and looking
at a post I wrote a couple days ago: www.myspace.com/missouri_viewpoints.

Look for the entry that refers to the 2nd Amendment. Use that as talking
points, too, but be sure to keep in mind that this blog is not an official
campaign communication.

I will be in Springfield probably by 8:00am.

Let's bomb the blogs with pro-Barr comments and links to the campaign
website!!!!!!!

Does anyone know of a location near the University Plaza Hotel where we
could hold our own press conference?

Mike Ferguson

http://www.mikefergusononline.com
816.817.1817

--
http://votetom4council.webs.com/

http://417-political-pundit.blogspot.com/

www.moliberty.org

"lite a fire for a man he'll be warm for a day, lite the man on fire and
he'll be warm the rest of his life".

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

In fact, there is a direct correlation between loyalty to one's spouse and
the "trustworthiness, sincerity, honesty and strength of leadership"
required to lead a nation.
~John Edwards~

"no cause is lost if there is but one fool to fight for it"
~Will Turner~
~Pirate's of the Caribbean @ World's End~

Save your property rights
www.mo-cpr.org