change in the way taxes are collected and WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Save this date now as we get more information to you:  The situation is
fluid and DEVELOPING...

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

If at all possible, plan to spend the day in Jefferson City lobbying in
support of the MO FairTax (MO HJR 36).

Tentative Schedule:
12:00 noon - Senate Ways & Means Committee Hearing - MO State Capitol -
Hearing Room TBA
1:00 - 5:00 pm - BRIEF calls of support to your personal State Senator

5:00 or 6:00 pm - FairTax Rally in the Capitol (we need several hundred
people to be present!)

Background:
MO HJR 36 has passed the MO House and will be heard in the Senate Ways &
Means Committee (currently promised for Wed at 12 noon but subject to change
at the Chairman's discretion).  Opposing groups have misconstrued the facts
of the bill claiming it will raise the current MO state sales tax from 4.225%
to 9%.  In reality, it will raise the sales tax from the current rate TO
5.11% NOT BY 5.11%.  Liberal advocates of the progressive income tax are
calling for people to show up en mass to protest this bill and prevent its
passage in the MO Senate.  If passed in the Senate, the MO FairTax (the first
state bill modeled after the national FairTax bill (HR-25) including a prebate
resulting in a totally untaxed low-wage earner) will go straight to a
referendum by the people without need for the Governor's approval.  It would be
on
the ballot in Aug or Nov 2010 (probably Nov) and be effective in 2012 if it
passes a vote of the people.

The biggest significance of this issue is that, if passed, MO could be the
incubator for proving that the FairTax works and offers to be an economic
magnet to business.  Once the FairTax's validity is established in time
instead of theory, the path would be paved for other states and eventually the
federal government to switch to this economic model.

If you want to see the FairTax vision fulfilled, please do everything
within your power to join us at the Capitol on Wednesday, April 29, 2009.  To
receive more information about these developing meetings, please join one of
our two online action websites so you can stay in the information loop and not
be dependent on high-maintenance email lists.  They are:
_http://www.meetup.com/MO-Fairtax/_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102561917567&s=3625&e=001fdCJgr0n9BgWrBCcfyopr57TIBxs948BnuHUN93WDETNBfnZD_wSyE-a0NAZQAHp
PXGZazeeT-F8cco2qpo-PgAOwsEiGSTgjWfNbOXjAUJ1J78PnQS2RSfVSDEFR03M)

or
_http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mofairtax/_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102561917567&s=3625&e=001fdCJgr0n9BjRd1DEEzCfU-dTRebCUAU5VarRaiYINMmH77nQSyyWg2O9C
JVetePzQLsR76DgFNjScXyvTuxUzugaE2-UQM7bMK-5RCH9aAFZ5H6yQ8YzuOAfco86ISsnCLr3D
LV6KCA=)

More information will be sent as it is available.  For everyone who has
ever been told the FairTax will never happen, this is your answer to the
nay-sayers.

Best Regards,

John Putnam
comse...@jscomm.net (please add to your address book)

Bill Phelps (fmr MO Lt. Gov.)
Co-Directors, MO FairTax.org

_Join the National Fight for Tax Fairness Here_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102561917567&s=3625&e=001fdCJgr0n9Bi5G-UaTb1FdtAPhxDWbje6LbjQ6d0wFy4wrN_dELou
B_owdaoNUdaZWmB4p1aVHmsdJPpzy4W1eqlNkWz9iInKO0_O0duQeg0=)

steps!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220814855x1201410739/aol?red
ir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=A
prilfooter426NO62)