---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ron Calzone <r...@mo-cpr.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Subject: HOT! Eminent Domain Abuse: MIssouri Cities fighting citizen's petition

Defenders of Liberty,

This weekend we were reminded of the sacrifices our forefathers made to secure
our liberty, now I need for you to make a few small sacrifices of your own.

Please make some phone calls to your local city officials today...

TAX DOLLARS FINANCING AN ATTACK ON TAXPAYERS
The Missouri Municipal League (MML) is an association of hundreds of Missouri
cities, all of which fund that organization with taxpayers dollars.

MML is also one of the state's biggest promoters of private use eminent domain.

Repeatedly, MML has delayed our efforts to collect petition signatures for our
eminent domain ballot measure. After a Cole County judge rejected most of their
claims against our Ballot Titles last week (see www.mo-cpr.org), they have
until the end of this week to decide if they will further delay us with an
appeal.

That's right, taxpayer funded MML is trying to keep taxpayers from voting on a
public policy issue!

MML claims that they are funding their challenge to us through donations by
private business, but news reports, like this one, indicate otherwise. In any
event, they are the lobbying arm of the dues paying member cities and they are
using taxpayer paid resources in this fight. (Also see the Fox-TV video that
aired Sunday, here.)

As for the "private business" allegedly financing the court challenge, some of
those businesses receive taxpayer funded subsidies as well as the "hammer" of
eminent domain for redevelopment projects - any way you cut it, the taxpayers
are financing their own assailants!

MAKE SOME CALLS NOW!
We need to provide some "incentive" for MML to forgo an appeal to last week's
court ruling.

Please call your city officials and demand that they direct MML to accept the
court's decision. Demand that they get out of the way of the people's
opportunity to vote on a basic public policy measure!

These calls will make a difference if we make them early and often. Call city
officials today and make followup calls each day until they assure you that
they have told MML to back off.

Call talk show programs and write LTEs if they can get published this week, too.

It doesn't matter which city you live in or if that city has abused eminent
domain. Most are members of MML and that membership empowers their effort to
stop our petition - they need to tell their organization to stop! The more
cities and towns from around the state that complain, the more likely MML will
back off.

We are in full battle array - please do it now!

For liberty,

- Ron

--

Ron Calzone, chairman