.

Visit our News page
Yesterday Hizb Ut-Tahrir held its “The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of
Islam” conference at a Hilton Hotel in the suburbs of Chicago. You may recall
this was the same conference that was originally scheduled to be hosted at an
Islamic school in the area, until the Islamic school pulled out.

In the report provided by IPT below, some conference speakers minced no words
when it came to whether or not shariah law or the Constitution should be the
supreme law of the land. See the highlighted segments and links to video clips.

This is precisely the kind of cultural jihad Brigitte Gabriel discusses in her
book They Must Be Stopped. If you haven’t yet read it we urge you to click here
to order a copy. In it you will learn that winning the war against Islamic
terrorism is not enough. If we are to preserve and protect our liberties and
our values we must also win the struggle against cultural jihad.

Hizb Ut-Tahrir: Shariah Takes Precedence over U.S. Constitution
Imam Promises to Fight "Until Islam Becomes Victorious or We Die in the
Attempt"

IPT News
July 20, 2009
http://www.investigativeproject.org/1100/hizb-ut-tahrir-shariah-takes-precedence-over-us

Oak Lawn, Illinois - Hizb ut-Tahrir (HT), the international movement to
re-establish an international Islamic state or Caliphate - kicked off a new
campaign to win American recruits Sunday afternoon in this Chicago suburb.
Nearly 300 people packed the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Hotel for its
Khalifah Conference on "The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam" to listen
to listen to HT ideologues blame capitalism for World War I and World War II;
the U.S. subprime mortgage meltdown; the current violence in Iraq and
Afghanistan; world poverty and malnutrition and inner-city drug use.

A speaker identified as Abu Atallah even blamed capitalism for the late singer
Michael Jackson's decision "to shed his black skin."

Hizb ut-Tahrir aims to restore the Caliphate that existed during the Ottoman
Empire in Turkey. Turkish leader Kemal Ataturk abolished it in 1924 in an
effort to create a secular, Europeanized state.

Security at the conference was very tight. Oak Lawn police maintained a
checkpoint outside the Hilton, and local police and HT's own security people
had a substantial presence inside the hotel. In the ballroom where the
conference took place, men and women were largely segregated, with men in the
front and women in the back. This became a significant point of contention
between HT supporters and several members of the audience who objected to this
arrangement. At one point, an unidentified Hizb ut-Tahrir speaker became
flustered over this line of questioning.

"Men and women," he blurted out, must be kept separate "to prevent people from
behaving like animals."

A woman in the audience responded: "How does intermingling between men and
women make you animals?" HT panelists didn't have a persuasive answer, and soon
adjourned that session.

The conference was sometimes poorly organized. There was no list of speakers,
forcing reporters to sometimes guess at the spelling of speakers' names. But HT
certainly appeared to be serious about working for the larger goals of the
conference: abolishing capitalism and imposing Caliphate rule over the world.

According to Hizb ut-Tahrir, the world's social and economic problems will not
be fixed until the world is governed by Shariah and the government controls all
major industries. Lenders would no longer be able to charge interest, which one
speaker decried as a "poisonous concept." Charity, or zakat, was advertised as
the way to alleviate "economic inequality."

"Secular capitalism has made me devalue my skin" and "has kept my family in
ghettos," said one speaker, an African-American who went on to blame it for the
fact that he smoked marijuana and his grandmother played the lottery.
Capitalism, he added, is a form of economic "terrorism" and "causes us to be
sent to mental hospitals." Barack Obama's presidency, he said, "is only a
scheme or con" to trick people into thinking that things will get better under
capitalism.

But time and again on Sunday, Hizb ut-Tahrir officials seemed to be playing
slippery rhetorical games of their own - particularly when it came to the
behavior of despotic Muslim regimes and terrorists. When a few skeptical
audience members pressed speakers over the fact that Islamic governments in
Iran and Saudi Arabia are despotic, conference speakers claimed those weren't
"authentic" Muslim governments and that the CIA (and by implication, the
capitalist U.S. government) was to blame for the problems in those countries.
In an interview with WBBM-TV in Chicago, HT deputy spokesman Mohammad Malkawi
refused to specifically condemn Al Qaida and the Taliban.

Hizb ut-Tahrir has not been designated a terrorist group by the U.S. government
and it insists it is only interested in instituting radical change by
nonviolent means. But HT's alumni include 9/ll mastermind Khalid Sheikh
Mohammed, the late Iraqi terrorist leader Abu Musab Zarqawi and would-be Hamas
suicide bombers, and the group's pro-jihadist rhetoric has led critics to label
it a "conveyor belt for terrorists."

One Muslim American group issued a statement in advance of the conference
condemning Hizb ut-Tahrir's radical ideology and challenging others to follow
suit.

"Hizb ut-Tahrir preaches an ideology that calls for the destruction of the
principles that America is founded on," said Zuhdi Jasser, president of the
American-Islamic Forum for Democracy. "While their words are protected by our
First Amendment, their actions and movement must not be allowed to take hold.
The silence of American Islamist organizations like [the Council on
American-Islamic Relations] CAIR and [the Islamic Society of North America]
ISNA in condemning the ideologies of Hizb ut-Tahrir and their agenda of
insurgency in America speaks volumes to their own, albeit, more camouflaged
Islamist agenda."

HT's efforts to rehabilitate its image won't be helped by the menacing tone on
display Sunday. One late-afternoon panelist suggested that modern industrial
powers could fall to Muslims the way Mecca fell to Mohammed nearly 1,400 years
ago.

A speaker identified by conference organizers as Imam Jaleel Abdul Razek said
that if they offer us the sun, or the moon, or a nice raise, or a passport, or
a house in the suburbs or even a place to pray at the job, on the condition
that we stop calling for Islam as a complete way of life - we should never do
that, ever do that - unless and until Islam becomes victorious or we die in the
attempt." (To see the clip, click here.)

Later, the following dialogue ensued between the imam and a member of the
audience over whether Shariah or the Constitution should be the supreme law of
the land in the United States (click here to see the clip):

Audience member: "Would you get rid of the Constitution for Shariah, yes or
no?"

Imam: "Over the Muslim world? Yes, it would be gone."

Audience Member: And so if the United States was a Muslim world, the
Constitution would be gone?"

Imam: "If the United States was in the Muslim world, the Muslims who are here
would be calling and happy to see the Shariah applied, yes we would."

Audience Member: "And the Constitution gone. That's all."

Imam: "Yes, as Muslims they would be long gone."

While Hizb ut-Tahrir's controversial message attracted demonstrators and some
media attention, the group at least is open about its ambitions. It not only is
determined to destroy capitalism — it would shred the United States
Constitution as well in favor of Shariah law.

ACT for America
P.O. Box 12765
Pensacola, FL 32591
www.actforamerica.org

ACT for America is an issues advocacy organization dedicated to effectively
organizing and mobilizing the most powerful grassroots citizen action network
in America, a grassroots network committed to informed and coordinated civic
action that will lead to public policies that promote America’s national
security and the defense of American democratic values against the assault of
radical Islam. We are only as strong as our supporters, and your volunteer and
financial support is essential to our success. Thank you for helping us make
America safer and more secure.

Do not respond to this e-mail for any reason. To discontinue your membership
automatically please, follow the link below. You are registered to receive
email as Fred Ellison at the following e-mail address: fbelli...@yahoo.com. You
must use the correct e-mail address to discontinue your membership.

HOW CAN I TELL OTHERS ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION?
Send a personalized version of this message to your friends.

HOW CAN I SUPPORT YOUR ORGANIZATION?
Click here to give an online donation.

Discontinue your subscription.