D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h

Media Alerts: Downsize DC President Jim Babka is scheduled to do a
talk-radio interview this afternoon (Monday), and another tentatively (likely)
tomorrow (Tuesday). Details for those interviews will be posted on the
DownsizeDC.org blog.

Quote of the Day: "Democrats are using smoke and mirrors to hide the impact of
their health plans. Existing estimates, therefore, reflect only a fraction of
the total cost." -- Michael F. Cannon of the Cato Institute, writing in the
Atlanta Journal-Constition

Subject: The politicians aren't telling you about all the costs
The politicians are lying to you about the true costs of their massive health
care plan.

In fact, they're lying to you in several ways, using fraudulent accounting
tricks and sleights of hand.

We'll be exposing their tricks this week. Here's the first one . . .

The Big Government health care bill delays the full implementation of the
overall scheme until after the 10-year period evaluated by the Congressional
Budget Office. This allows those who favor the bill to claim it will cost
"only" $1.2 trillion, when in fact it will cost at least 50% more than that
once the whole thing is in place.

If the public is going to accurately debate the cost of this program, and
decide whether it's worth it, then they ought to know what the cost of the full
program actually is. Congress should confess, and let the public know the true
cost.
Please send Congress another letter opposing the Big Government health care
bill.

This time use your personal comments to say something like the following . .. .

"I know that the programs created by the big health care bill won't be fully
implemented until after the 10-year period evaluated by the Congressional
Budget Office. I suspect this has been done to hide the true cost, which will
probably be at least 50% higher than the $1.2 trillion reported by the CBO.
Please undo this fraud by having the CBO report what the 10-year cost of the
full program will be."
After you've sent your letter to Congress please also alert others, and ask
them to send a similar message to Congress using DownsizeDC.org's Educate the
Powerful System (sm).
To stay on pace to exceed the 50,802 messages Downsizers sent to Congress last
month we must send 2,604 messages today.
Thank you for being a part of the growing Downsize DC Army. To see how fast
YOUR ARMY is growing, please check out the Keeping Score Report below my
signature.
Jim Babka
President
DownsizeDC.org, Inc.

KEEPING SCORE REPORT
Since our last report you've gained another 27 net new members to help work for
what you want. That brings you to 3,510 net new members for the year. The
Downsize DC Army now stands at 27,859 -- nearly 86% of the way between 27,000
and 28,000!
YOU can make the army grow even faster by following our quick and easy
instructions for personalized recruiting.
We can also grow faster by spreading the word through the media. Please help us
do this by starting a monthly credit card pledge -- it can be as low as $5 a
month (which is just 17 cents per day). You can start your pledge using our
secure online contribution form.
Please let us know if its okay to advertise your support here:

NEW MONTHLY PLEDGERS IN AUGUST: Gary J Leidy, David Bergland, Gary T Gorski,
Don J Crites, 4 unlisted -- (8 total) FROM JULY: Barbara Greenhouse, Henry
Wood, Donald B. Fox, Mickey Adams, Mary E Sullivan, Raul A., Michael Jones,
Alan Farrar, Emma Flores, Michael S Gerlica, John C Matthews, Cheston E
Unnewehr, Val Grayson, Arlene Aquino, Susan Varey, Chris Sengenberger, John
DiLiberto, 3 unlisted -- 20 total.
Or, you could make a one-time donation. Please let us know on our secure
contribution form if its okay to advertise your support here:

NEW ONE TIME DONORS IN AUGUST: Michael Bayback, Ann & Todd Secoy (in memory of
Julia Bitner), James Marranca, Kay Samalin, David Hyatt, Douglas
Steinschneider, Lily Riker, Nicholas C. Beason, Mr. Marlin, Edward J. Krieger,
Lynnette Thompson, 7 unlisted -- (18 total) FROM JULY: Robert Lonaberger, Lucy
Cole, Donald E Forward, Steven J Lavelle, Karen Glasgow, Brian Keith, Susan
Thomas, Chelsea Moller, Michael Herman, Bonnie Hofer, Anita Binns, Brian
O'Neill, Richard E Camp, Travis Walston, Donald Grahn, Sonja Thompson, 16
unlisted -- 32 total.
If a tax deduction is important you can get one by contributing to the
educational outreach efforts of the Downsize DC Foundation. Contribute at the
Foundation's secure contribution form.

D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h
is the official email list of DownsizeDC.org, Inc. & Downsize DC Foundation
Normally published 3 - 6 times per week.
CONTRIBUTE in support of the "Educate the Powerful System"
http://www.DownsizeDC.org is sponsored by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. -- a non-profit
educational organization promoting the ideas of individual liberty, personal
responsibility, free markets, and small government.  Operations office: 1931
15th St. Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223, 202.521.1200
IF you have difficulties or inquiries, simply hit reply to this message. We're
eager to help, including with requests to unsubscribe.

The Downsize DC Team would like to thank you for subscribing to the
Downsizer-Dispatch, which you did by going to
http://www.downsizedc.org/page/newsletter or by using our Educate the Powerful
System to send a message.
You are encouraged to forward this message to friends and business associates,
and permission is hereby granted to reproduce any items herein as long as
attribution is provided for articles and the subscription instructions above
are included.

-