On Sep 10, 2009, at 8:12 PM, Tom Martz wrote:

> Free health clinic to open in Concord
> Contra Costa Times 9 Sep 2009
> A free health care clinic for the uninsured will open for the first
> time Thursday night at Cambridge Elementary School in the Monument
> corridor. The clinic will be funded with donations and grants from
> Concord Rotary, John Muir Hospitals and the Kaiser Permanente
> Community Benefit Program, among others.

It's not like it is a new idea. They used to be all over the country.
Most of them have been driven under or to give up the charity aspect
by legal compliance costs and law suits (you can be sued for
malpractice even when the service was a charity) or the fact that much
of their target population has gone to Medicaid (and because of this
last point, less people donate to them: "Aren't I already paying to
give poor people medical care?").

What is interesting is: how are they going to do it in such a way that
they can survive where ever other such charity has gone under? If they
have a way that works, it needs to be copied.

Sincerely,

Eric Vought
"Faith does not absolve us from trying to understand our world and
make moral distinctions with the eyes and brain given us. Religion is
as much responsibility as direction: Duty not Distinction."