From: Travis Maddox <twayn...@hotmail.com>
To: missouri liberty coalition <missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, November 10, 2009 10:16:16 PM
Subject: RE: A culture of political correctness

  I too have not replied to this nor many other threads not because I do not
care but mostly because I choose to sit and observe others so that I may
continue to learn how people think and react to this and other situations. It
seems I have been discussing this matter of  the rights of man for several days
now with numerous people. It startles me how few seem to truly grasp the
philosophy of liberty, liberty not just for US citizens but for all of God's
creation. Many only see freedom as it is "guaranteed" by the Constitution
believing that those not under the documents jurisdiction should not be
afforded the same rights. When in fact the Constitution guarantees no rights it
merely only highlights some of those rights to ensure their security from a
destructive government. When ever we find government attacking or destroying a
humans rights it is our duty to combat against that said government. I am not
an anarchist nor do I advocate that but when we
 truly understand liberty we should then strive as a people to create and
restrain the smallest government possible. It is a shame the we as a people
have not developed, evolved or become enlightened
enough (however one might believe) to live peacefully in a society without the
need for government
involvement. Most dream of a utopia but realize it may never happen.
This is why I as well as many of our founders saw
that government was needed but only to protect
the individual rights of a person. This is evident in the second
paragraph of the Declaration of Independence - ... certain unalienable
Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of
Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted
among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed,.... Of course these opinions go much deeper and much farther
back than even the above document. Many have come to the understanding
that man is naturally born free simply because of his/her humanity and
that when any person or group of persons (government) violate or
control that person unduly (i.e. control them for a reason other than
protecting another's rights) they have themselves violated all laws of
nature and have themselves committed a far greater crime. This is why I
devote myself to opening others eyes to the fact that any control over
another person is in itself a crime.
So you see this isn't about oil, land, religious extremism or who attacked who
first it is simply about us allowing a power in our land to grow so large that
they control us and destroy the human rights of man not only here on our own
soil but abroad, through out the world simply for plunder, domination, revenge
or even a cheaper product. The possibility to exist as a truly free people will
never come into fruition until we as a people grasp that concept. Not just for
us but for all humanity.

Travis Maddox