If you are not receiving this, you may want to do so.

Linda

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Mark Mix <mark....@righttoworkcommittee.org>
To: Carl Herd <linda.h...@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thu, January 20, 2011 2:35:35 PM
Subject: Right to Work on the Radio: Ugly Union Violence

Dear Carl ,

"Kick the (expletive) out of every last one of them."

That's what AFL-CIO top boss Richard Trumka said about workers who wouldn't
follow his dictates back when he was the head of the violent United Mine
Workers
(UMW) union.

In fact, Trumka's in-their-face, podium-pounding rhetoric often seemed to
invite
violence against workers who dared to challenge the union-boss line and
continued working in order to provide for their families.

UMW strikes were marked by extreme levels of militancy and violence, most
notably the 1993 murder of Eddie York.

I discussed York's murder this week on WIBA Radio in Madison, Wisconsin, in
light of Trumka's recent attempt to politicize the horrible tragedy in Tucson
by
lecturing other Americans about their language.

As I tell host Vicki McKenna, Richard Trumka is either disturbingly
self-unaware
or cynically hypocritical.

A judge in Virginia found regarding a 1989 UMW strike that "the evidence shows
beyond any shadow of a doubt that violent activities are being organized,
orchestrated and encouraged by the leadership of this union."

Please click here to listen to the interview, in which we also discuss the push
in Wisconsin for a state Right to Work law, which would protect
independent-minded workers while making union bosses more accountable to
rank-and-file members by allowing workers to "vote with their wallets."

And for more about Richard Trumka's ugly career, download the National Right to
Work Foundation's fact sheet.

I'm sure you'll be as disturbed as I am by his blatant hypocrisy.

Sincerely,

Mark Mix

P.S. The Committee relies on the voluntary support of individual Americans who
believe in our cause and wish to advance our programs. Please consider chipping
in with a contribution of $10 or more today.

________________________________

The National Right to Work Committee is a nonprofit, nonpartisan,
single-purpose
citizens' organization dedicated to combating compulsory unionism through an
aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to compulsory
unionism
and, at the same time, enlist public support for Right to Work legislation. The
Committee's mailing address is 8001 Braddock Road, Springfield, Virginia 22160.
The Committee can be contacted toll-free at 1-800-325-7892. Its web address is
http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/5212600:7840262775:m:1:209001656:59D8EEB4523B831E042668A138AEECE2

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

To help the National Right to Work Committee grow, please forward this to a
friend.

To view as a web page, please click this link: view online
This message was intended for: linda.h...@sbcglobal.net
You were added to the system October 11, 2010. For more information
click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe