Having trouble viewing this email? Click here:
https://news.simpletruths.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?lptisLETBUUVB-9a.3dvEOHmsNkplNkLloDUCBTFntHpsDJht

Dear suresh,

Change is not easy. But it is simple. Things will always change. We don't have
a choice about that, but we do have a choice on how we react to change. The
choice really boils down to this...either we manage change, or it will manage
us.

As a leader, however, deciding to make changes is the easy part. Getting your
people on board is much more difficult. Why is that? Quite simply, change is an
emotional process. We are all creatures of habit who usually resist it, and
welcome routine. Unchartered waters are scary!

In the long run, however, sameness is the fast track to mediocrity. And,
mediocre companies won't survive. Tuli Kupferburg said it best..."When patterns
are broken, new worlds emerge." And that is your challenge...to convince your
team that the new world you are trying to create is better than the one you're
in. Is it easy? Of course not. It takes planning, commitment, patience and
courage.

The truth, of course, is that change can be a wonderful gift. In fact, it is
the key that unlocks the doors to growth and excitement in any organization.
And, most importantly, without it...your competition will pass you by. A big
part of success, as a leader, will be your ability to inspire your team to get
out of their comfort zones; to assure them that even though they are on a new
path, it's the right path, for the right reasons.

Change is Good...You Go First is a book with great ideas to inspire change in
your organization. I'd like to share a chapter titled: Change What Needs
Changing, Not What's Easy. Enjoy!

Also, I'm pleased to offer a one-time special of $10.00 per copy. Our regular
price is $15.95 US, a saving of over 37%. This makes a great gift for
customers, managers, co-workers, and friends.

Click here for more information:
http://news.simpletruths.com/servlet/cc6?kpuitLQSTUQSVNHltmjpkmjLkoQSDCRxnuHptQJhuV2VC

Note: This offer expires at 11:59 PM CST on 11/19/08.

Live with Passion,
Mac Anderson
Founder, Simple Truths

"Change What Needs Changing, Not What's Easy"
An excerpt from Change is Good...You Go First
by Mac Anderson

http://news.simpletruths.com/servlet/cc6?kpuitLQSTUQSVNHltmjpkmjLkoQSDCRxnuHptQJhuV2VSR

A few years ago, British Rail had a real fall-off in business. Looking for
marketing answers, they went searching for a new ad agency - one that could
deliver an ad campaign that would bring their customers back.

When the British Rail executives went to the offices of a prominent London ad
agency to discuss their needs, they were met by a very rude receptionist, who
insisted that they wait.

Finally, an unkempt person led them to a conference room - a dirty, scruffy
room cluttered with plates of stale food. The executives were again, left to
wait. A few agency people drifted in and out of the room, basically ignoring
the executives who grew impatient by the minute. When the execs tried to ask
what was going on, the agency people brushed them off and went about their work.

Eventually, the execs had enough. As they angrily started to get up, completely
disgusted with the way they'd been treated, one of the agency people finally
showed up.

"Gentlemen," he said, "your treatment here at our Agency is not typical of how
we treat our clients - in fact, we've gone out of our way to stage this meeting
for you. We've behaved this way to point out to you what it's like to be a
customer of British Rail. Your real problem at British Rail isn't your
advertising, it's your people. We suggest you let us address your employee
attitude problem before we attempt to change your advertising."

The British Rail executives were shocked - but the agency got the account! The
agency had the remarkable conviction to point out the problem because it knew
exactly what needed to change.

As Yogi Berra once said...

"Before we build a better mousetrap,
we need to find out if there are any mice out there."

Click here for more information on Change is Good...You Go First:
http://news.simpletruths.com/servlet/cc6?kpuitLQSTUQSVNHltmjpkmjLkoQSDCRxnuHptQJhuV2VSS

Simple Truths, LLC., 1952 McDowell Road, Ste. 205, Naperville, IL 60563, USA
Phone: 800-900-3427 / 630-946-1460
Copyright 2008, Simple Truths, LLC. All rights reserved.
Click below to unsubscribe from this mailing list:
http://news.simpletruths.com/servlet/optout?lptisLDUVWDUEOHmsNkplNkLloDUCBTFntHpsDJhtEf