Jan 27 2023

Hi!

I using Mit-scheme 12.1 trying to use the program "thread.scm" in the runtime directory. This program has the procedure "make-thread" in it. But when I tried to run a test with the following program below, it failed with the error message "Unbound variable: make-thread".

(declare (usual-integrations))

;; (load "/usr/local/mit-scheme/lib/mit-scheme/runtime/thread.scm")

(define (fib n)
     (if (< n 2) n
        (+ (fib (- n 1)) (fib (- n 2)))))

(define (async-fib n)
   (make-thread (lambda () (fib n))))

(async-fib 10))

When I ran the program above, uncommenting the line invoking the load for thread.scm, the program failed with ";Unbound variable: state-space:local"

I wondering why this threads extension is not documented as the thread.scm program looks good. I'd like to see how this runs.

Can you tell me what I need to add to the test code above to get it to run.

Thanks,

Glenn