On Sun, 2020-03-15 at 14:21 -0400, Nicholas Papadonis wrote:
> Does anyone have pointers on changing the font of an Edwin session?

In Mac XQuartz?  Sorry.

> I'm trying to use a bigger font with an Edwin session under Mac XQuartz
> xsession.  I read that M-x set-font RET then hit TAB, shows the fonts,
> however when I invoke this command I only see -adobe-courier*.  xfontsel
> lists many more fonts than this.

I see over 800 on Ubuntu 18.04, and I don't even like fonts.

>   I also read that these functions are supposed to change the font:
> ((ref-command set-font) "9x15")((ref-command set-frame-size) 163 90)
> however results in "unbound variable: set-font" output.

I think I can help here.  It seems you are still in package (user), which does
not include Edwin's ref-command syntax.  Enter (ge '(edwin)) to shift your REPL
to the (edwin) package.  In my 9.1.1 *scheme* buffer, I can then evaluate those
exprs without error.