Hi Caspar,

thank you for the answer! I have tried with MITK workbench but I have the same problem and, unfortunately, it seems not due to a specific slice, but on the number of slices I load.

I tested what you suggested in my application with different consecutive slices and everything works fine in [case2] as far as I load less than 560 slices (with 567 it does not always work).

I tested the same thing with the MITK Workbench (with drag and drop): everything works if I load small volumes (<= 280 slices) but this is not the case If I try to load a bigger (even partial) volume (e.g.: the last 500 files or the first 300). In this last case, when selecting the MITK DICOM Reader from the pop-up menu, the same unknown error is returned; whereas, when selecting the "v2 (autoselect)" option the following message appears in the mbilog window:

875.18 core.mod.dicomReader.dicomSeriesreaderhelper ERROR: Out of memory. Cannot load DICOM series: e:\data_lib\mitk\bd-d\ep\include\itk-4.9\itkImportImageContainer.hxx:199: Failed to allocate memory for image.

Any advice (I have 32GB of RAM)? Thank you again!

Regards,

Paolo