Dear MITK developers,

we are happy to finally announce the release of the MITK 2018.04 beta
installers. We're looking forward for any feedback and bug reports to improve
the final release as much as possible.

http://mitk.org/download/releases/MITK-2018.04-beta/

*For now* there's no news on the homepage, no compiled list of new features and
resolved bugs, and no compiled migration guide. However, please feel free to
have a look at our release workboard at
https://phabricator.mitk.org/project/view/63/. In particular, to get an idea of
the new features and API changes, have a look at
https://phabricator.mitk.org/T24333 (Noteworthy new features since MITK
2016.11).

The installers should be compatible with:

Windows 7+
Ubuntu 16.04+
macOS HighSierra

Please note that we had a last minute upgrade to Qt 5.11.1. The rendering
backend uses more modern OpenGL and MITK won't run on very old machines
anymore. 99% of you shouldn't be affected by this but, for example, I had to
explicitly enable the Nvidia chip for the MITK Workbench in a 2012 notebook
that has combined Intel+Nvidia graphics.

Have a nice weekend,
Stefan