Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for the hints, it was indeed a missing dependency that was creating the issue (tinyxml in my case).
Thanks all for the help.
Kind regards,

Le 22/01/2019 à 12:16, Daniel Maleike a écrit :
Hi Pierre-Jean,

I am also currently test-compiling MITK 2018.04 with Visual Studio 2017 / Qt
5.11.1. I cannot provide a solution but perhaps hint into a direction:

I had the same error message and basically this comes up when the Core module
of MITK cannot be defined because some dependency is missing. (cannot recall
the exact thing that was missing).

What you can do to hunt this down:
- in the mitk-superbuild.sln solution, explicitly compile all of the projects
like VTK/DCMTK/ITK etc. one by one, look for problems in their build. This
could point you into the right direction.
- if those builds all pass and you still get the same error in MITK-Configure, you need
to debug into the CMake code of CMake/mitkFunctionCreateModule.cmake (i.e. add messages
at interesting places when the module name is "Core"). In my case I found one
of the checks between lines 208 and 250 failing (checking for dependencies and/or
suppressed modules)

Unfortuately I could not generalize a helpful error message out of the thing
that was missing in my case. This is because usually it is not considered a
problem when a certain module is missing due to unmet dependencies - you would
just get a nice list of deactivated modules in the end of the Configuration
step. It ist just that the MitkCore module is a little special and required by
everything else. Someone would need to find a good place to add a check for
this module and then stop configuration early..

Hope this helps a little, kind regards,
Daniel

Pierre-Jean Petitprez <pierre-jean.petitp...@hrv-simulation.com> hat am 22.
Januar 2019 um 11:15 geschrieben:

Hi Stefan,
Thank you for the hints. MITK-configure indeed fails. The CMake logs
give me this error:
CMake Error at Modules/Core/CMakeLists.txt:34 (message):
Core target MitkCore does not exist
CMake Error at Modules/Core/CMakeLists.txt:54 (target_compile_definitions):
Cannot specify compile definitions for target "MitkCore" which is not built
by this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
Modules/Core/CMakeLists.txt:57 (_itk_create_factory_register_manager)
CMake Error at Modules/Core/CMakeLists.txt:60 (target_link_libraries):
Cannot specify link libraries for target "MitkCore" which is not built by
this project.

I can't find anything in the CMake options that could help fixing this
error though. Do you have any idea? Thanks for the help.