Von: Federico Milano [mailto:fmil...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2019 18:32
An: mitk-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [mitk-users] Unhandled exception in
mitkNDITrackingDevice::ThreadStartTracking

Hi. I have noticed that the serial communications thread in
mitkNDITrackingDevice is throwing exceptions that are not handled in
ThreadStartTracking. This ends up with a call to terminate() and a crash of the
application. I believe we can add a try/catch block in ThreadStartTracking and
a  std::exception_ptr in mitkNDITrackingDevice so the main thread can access to
the exception thrown in the spawned thread context, and the spawned thread
exits cleanly its main function.

I can send a PR for this, please let me know what you think and if you want to
discuss further about how to implement this.

Thanks

Federico