Hello,

We are a little bit new to MITK and we are trying to use it as a library,
rather than as a framework. We just use it for image viewing and also use
the (multilabel) segmentation tool.

We have managed to get it to basically work, but we have some questions
about the segmentation tool if anybody can please help :) Here is some code
(with try/catchs etc removed) that shows how we set up the segmentation's
labelsetimage:

mitk::LabelSetImage::Pointer workingImage = mitk::LabelSetImage::New();
workingImage->Initialize(referenceImage);

mitk::DataNode::Pointer workingNode = mitk::DataNode::New();
workingNode->SetData(workingImage);
workingNode->SetName(segName.toStdString());

m_DataStorage->Add(workingNode, referenceNode);

toolManager->SetWorkingData(workingNode);
toolManager->SetReferenceData(referenceNode);

1. Does the segmentation actually have to be a "child" of one particular
node (referenceNode)? Can't it be alone by itself? Because we want the same
segmentation to show up on all co-registered images and the image that we
use as reference might be unloaded at some point, but we want the
segmentation to remain. We can add a blank image that never gets unloaded
and hook the segmentation to that, but we are hoping there is a better way.

2. How do we change the opacity of the segmentation? Because the way we use
for the images ( node->SetProperty("opacity", mitk::FloatProperty::New(VALUE));
) doesn't work.

Thank you very much, looking forward to your responses. Also, if you are a
developer of MITK I want to say congratulations on your very nice project,
Dimitris