Hi guys,

Tonight I wrote a SoundSourceCoreAudio class that plays M4As using the
system provided decoder on OS X. It uses the "Audio File Services" API
(ExtAudioFile), which is part of AudioToolbox, which is part of Core
Audio. We can freely distribute this as part of our main Mixxx builds
without worrying about M4A patent issues because we're using Apple's
decoder, which OS X users have already paid for.

Special thanks to Apple's super crappy documentation and endless
layers of redundant APIs. I spent more time trying to figure out which
API to use than actually writing code.

Seeking and metadata decoding (using TagLib) work fine. I've only
tested with 44100 Hz / 16-bit files, but if it doesn't work with other
formats, it shouldn't be difficult to fix.

Code is pushed to:
lp:~mixxxdevelopers/mixxx/features_coreaudio

Enjoy,
Albert