On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Albert Santoni <albe...@mixxx.org> wrote:
> Anyways, I did some more digging and the API of choice on Windows
> these days is the Source Reader API in Microsoft Media Foundation.
> It's only for Vista+, but it looks significantly easier to use than
> any of the other five Microsoft APIs I've looked it. If anyone wants
> to work on a Source Reader backend for Mixxx, there's a great example
> here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd757929(v=VS.85).aspx
>
> Anyone want to get a head start on this?

I pulled this code sample (or something very like it) from msdn a couple of
days ago after I found MS pulled the necessary COM interface for PCM
capture from DirectShow in the 7 (or Vista?) SDK. It segfaulted at a
COM release but I'm still interested in the project.

However I've got a handful of stuff I've put down my name for and so far my
results since summer have been rather limited so this shouldn't stop
any winapi or COM pros from taking this up as they'll probably do a
better job than I anyhow.

I believe it was this one:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb970469(v=VS.85).aspx

Bill