Hi guys,

If you're not currently building Mixxx on Windows, you can stop reading now.

I've completed some changes to the way builds work on Windows. To summarize:

- Precompiled libraries are no longer stored in our mixxx tree (hooray!)

- Precompiled libraries now live in their own trees at:

lp:~mixxxdevelopers/mixxx/mixxx-win32lib-msvc90-release
lp:~mixxxdevelopers/mixxx/mixxx-win32lib-msvc90-debug
lp:~mixxxdevelopers/mixxx/mixxx-win32lib-msvc100-release
lp:~mixxxdevelopers/mixxx/mixxx-win64lib-msvc90-release
etc.
You'll probably want to make a bzr checkout of the first one. I've
used Dependency Walker to verify that only the MSVC 2008 (9.0) C++
runtime is linked in those libraries. If you find you need a different
set of libraries for your build environment, please make your own
branch.

- When compiling, you must specify which directory contains the libs
you want to compile/link against. Eg. To compile with MSVC 2008
(32-bit), you would run:

  $ scons toolchain=msvs winlib=C:\mixxx-win32lib-msvc90-release

- A few aspects of the .nsi file have been made more generic to help
with automated builds. (Spitting out a generically-named "Mixxx.exe"
installer makes our lives easier. It stops us from having every piece
of our build system (scons/nsis) from being self-aware of what branch
its building.)

Anyways, I've updated the wiki and I'm going to try to get automated
Windows/MSVC builds working again soon.

Thanks,
Albert

--