Since I've done a little ffmpeg programming in the past, I thought I'd take a
look at this.

Hopefully I'm doing my comparison right; inside of a checkout of Mixxx's trunk,
I did "bzr update -r 3365", since that seems to be the last version that was
merged into the ffmpeg branch.

Assuming my comparison is right, my first question is...is there any particular
reason that there are so many unrelated changes?  It appears that support for
preview decks has been totally munged (src/engine/enginechannel.[cpp,h],
src/library/baseexternalplaylistmodel.cpp,
src/library/baseexternaltrackmodel.cpp, src/library/cratetablemodel.cpp, and
many many others), that some files have been copied
(src/library/previewbuttondelegate.[cpp,h].moved and
src/previewdeck.cpp.moved), ConfigObject::exists() has been removed,
src/mathstuff.h now has Apple-only definitions for functions that exist in Qt
(i.e. qIsNaN() and qIsInf()), etc.

Some clarifications on this would be appreciated.
Now I'll dig into the actual FFMPEG changes :-)

Steven Boswell