Thank you for all the tips I have now passed the step of build -dep mixxx
but when I try to compile with scons i get the following error:

 i386 architecture of input file `lib/fidlib-0.9.10/fidlib.o' is
incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
James Fagan