okay, so i disabled streaming vbo in secondlife client.. and the problem
seems to have been fixed.... seems...
the memory requirements of mixxx though has me a little 'what?!' ... and
well... its forcing use of swap due to taking up so much ram.
Can't believe im going to have to upgrade my computer from 8gb to get rid
of swapping.
could mixxx be interfering with streaming VBO usage?