Hello,
Didn't read that you all ready tried as root. This is some HID api
problem https://github.com/signal11/hidapi (there is example
application which can be used to test if it can be opened without
Mixxx: http://www.signal11.us/oss/hidapi/) and if I understood correct
device is occupied (there is someone else that is using that device)
it some but in hidapi is there any kernel modules that belongs to
Traktor or X though that traktor device is mice (what does
/var/log/Xorg.0.log says after plugin in Traktor?

Tuukka