Hi Mixxxers

Thanks for your work on 1.12.  I like it, especially having the  effects!

My 1.12 mapping for the Stanton SCS3 system has progressed into a
'usable for me' state where it has all the functionality I need and it
has no known issues that would prevent live use. I've started a thread
on the forum to discuss mapping decisions, but there are some questions
best addressed here, I think.

The current state of the SCS mapping:
https://github.com/sbalmer/mixxx.scs3m

A big thank to Sean  for your scripts! Your work was the reason I bought
the devices in the first place, and figuring out how to talk to them
would have been very cumbersome without that head-start.

There are a few things where I hope for input.

1. Is there a way to communicate state between controllers? As far as  I
understand the scripts run isolated.

The SCS3 system consists of three devices. One central mixer device,
and two deck devices. The mixer has buttons to switch between decks  and
as such it is ready for four decks. I wanted the deck devices to  switch
decks automatically when the deck is changed on the mixer.

Because I couldn't find a way to have the scripts communicate directly
to each other, I repurposed an engine control to hold deck state. Now
"[PreviewDeck1] quantize" is used to hold an integer with three bits  of
state which is set and read by the three devices. I know this is
horrible practice and if there is a better way to do it please let me
know. Works fine though :-)

2. Should I care about the filter controls being deprecated?

The wiki at http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/mixxxcontrols says that
the filter controls filterLow/Mid/High are deprecated. I don't know  how
I could replace them to control the standard EQ.

3. Do you have recommendations regarding the mapping of effect chains?

I added some mapping to control effect chains. Or more specific, you
choose the effect chain you'd like to control, then the EQ-sliders
control the first three EQ-knobs of the first effect in the chain.  This
falls short of the visions laid out in the 'effects_framework'
wiki-page. I developed this using the Latenight skin, then I saw that
Shade uses different logic assigning channels to chains where each deck
uses one chain, and now I'm  confused about how to go on.

I know that there may not be a good answer to these questions, but  even
some hints could improve the situation.

Thanks
Stephan

https://www.gigenetcloud.com/