Hi,

we are currently working on am "Broadcast Auto Reconnect" feature.
https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/1031

Use cases:

1. Unattended broadcasting: Mixxx should do everything a user would do
to bring the stream back online without a long interrupt.
2. Mixxx should not try to reconnect, if the stream was intentional
closed by the server.

The current proposed version has these new preferences options:
* Reconnect Delay [s]
* Maximum Retries
* [x] Limit number of reconnect attempts

Once Mixxx is connected the first time the Auto Reconnect Feature is
reconnecting on any failure, using these parameters.

Is this sufficient? Could this violate server rules or etiquette?

What are good defaults?

Could we remove ore replace these preference options with something
better? These values are hard to set just right ...

Thank you for your help.

Daniel