Name: Grammenos Anastasis
Nationality: Greece
School: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Department: Computer Science
Link: [http://www.csd.auth.gr/en/]
Semester: 8th

1 Intro
=======

  Hello, as you may know from my previous email in this list, I'd like
  to participate at GsoC 2017. This is my final application.

2 Mixxx development
===================

  So far I managed to set a running developer environment for the
  project using emacs, gdb dubugger and rtags. I have also downloaded
  and set up eclipse and QtCreator in case I need them.

  I am able to run tests, and currently working on a bug.
  [https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1663444]

  I'll issue a pull request when I have time, since now I am working
  most of the day in a temp job. (It ends soon)

3 Goals
=======

  I'd like to improve mixxx's crate functionalities. For that I plan to
  improve the database behind it to be able to support hierarchical
  organisation and search filters. And also set the ground for future
  expansion. I will also try to implement some kind of smartcrates e.g.
  crate Oldies will have all songs released < 1980, and keep it synced
  with the users library.

4 Timeline
==========

4.1 May 4 - 30
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  For the first period, I'll be actively working on bugs and reading the
  code to get a broader understanding of the project's structure. I'll
  probably ask questions, so please bear with me. I'll focus on the
  database and the crate functionality for obvious reasons.

4.2 May 30 - June 30
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  As a goal for the first evaluation, I want to have a working schema of
  the database to support the aforementioned crate expansions, and
  already start working on the hierarchy stuff.

4.3 June 30 - July 24
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  2 months in and the first nested crates will be available for testing
  in my branch. Work on the search filters will be near the end, mainly
  with UI stuff remaining. (like a new create search bar)

4.4 July 28 - August 21

  Everything will be ready to get merged in MASTER, while smart crates
  will be my main focus. If everything goes well, I'll be faster than
  this plan and have more done by the end of the summer.

5 Outro
=======

  Feel free to ask me anything about anything, I usually am on IRC
  (nick: gramanas) or via this mail. I hope we get to work together!

--

Grammenos Anastasis