Just followed the build guide on Ubuntu 17.10 beta2:

sudo apt-get build-dep mixxx

- mixxx build-deps not found

Just ignored and went ahead

sudo apt-get install g++ git scons libqt4-dev libqt4-sql-sqlite
libportmidi-dev \
  libopusfile-dev libshout-dev libtag1-dev libprotobuf-dev
protobuf-compiler \
  libusb-1.0-0-dev libfftw3-dev libmad0-dev \
  portaudio19-dev libchromaprint-dev librubberband-dev libsqlite3-dev \
  libid3tag0-dev libflac-dev libsndfile-dev libupower-glib-dev

- all installed successful

sudo apt-get install libjack-dev libjack0 portaudio19-dev # because of
Bug #1464120

- everything is already the newest one

sudo apt-get install libfaad-dev libmp4v2-dev # required for M4A support

- all installed successful

scons -j12 optimize=native and it builds.

Everything meanwhile mprime is calculating prime numbers on all of the
12 threads to check stability of my new Ryzen. Amazing machine..

Installed, executed, runs. No further testing done.