On 11/18/17 13:05, Conner Phillips wrote:

I opened a thread on launchpad about this but I'm having trouble loading the website atm. Anyways, I want to whip up a naive prototype and I'm a little lost on the standard way to query the DB. I was hoping to find a native SQLite solution but I wasn't happy with the possibilities.

However, I'm at a bit of a loss where to start connection to the database in the correct way. There are a lot of layers of abstraction that I can't sort out just sifting through the source code. What headers do I need to include at a minimum to create a simple query?

I can so feel your pain, when I started on the branch I had the same feeling.

In regards to duplicate detection, as a starting point I want to query title, artist, and duration of each track into a list of lists and perform some simple comparison of all unique permutations of the tracks. I have tested this in Python and it works reasonably well for a basic brute force approach.

I'm already working on a branch for deduplication. But I'm not using artist/title pairs, but calculate a fingerprint and compare those. On the other hand you don't want to have tracks missing in a Compilation just because the same song exists somewhere else. Then there is also the case where different qualities exist etc. I still have not ironed out all the corner cases so I have not worked on this branch for a month but I will definitely resurrect it soonish.

kind regards
 poelzi