Hello Martin

> I tried that (with mjpegtools 1.6.1):
> **ERROR: [lavrec] Error opening video-device (/dev/video): Device or resource busy
> ++ WARN: [lavrec] Not ready for capture (state = 0)!
>
> I think Bernhard must be referring to the TV out, which doesn't really
> help if you want to view what you are recording on your monitor.

No - describes the procedure for dc10 dc10+ dc30 buz an lm - cards.
With the Marvel-cards you can only either watch TV on your monitor
or record. You can only watch TV while recording if you have a
second Monitor.

I think this is the price for the integrated tuner:
lavrec must gain control over the tuner when it wants to
record and any "watch-application" can also only work if it's
in control of the tuner.

The other cards get the signal and thus you can easily see,
what they get - it does not disturb the cards. The only
thing you can't do with dc10 and the like cards: Starting
or closing say xawtv during recording.
That's also easy to see why: When say xawtv starts it want's
to setup the card - and that's bad, since the card is recording.
If say xawtv closes it want's to close the data stream.
Both is poison for the recording-process.

regards
Wolfgang