Hallo
> > With that information I cannot exactly tell. I know that it works on my
> > machine with 100MB (I have no stream with more than 400 MB lying
> > around).
> > The only differnce I see with the information you reveal is that you do
> > not specifie each stream. That might be a differnece.
> > Try to specifie the audio and video stream:
> > mplex -f 8 -S 400 audio.mp2 video.m2v -o dvd%d.mpg
>    INFO: [mplex] mplex version 2.2.1 ($Date: 2002/02/04 19:06:14 $)
The CVS Version I use is a bit newer.

> > And why you want to split a DVD stream into pices. I have the strange
> > feeling that you are trying something not suitable or not allowed for
> > DVD.
>
> Because, I use this to create a DVD:
> ifogen -o /video2/tmp/VIDEO_TS/VTS "mpeg_files"
> tocgen /video2/tmp/VIDEO_TS
>
> And if the mpeg files are smaller I got more chapters ;-)
Why did I think that you want to do something like that.

If you want more chapters, you should create more editlistfiles. And
encode more steams instead of that spliting. Spliting the video with
that option into pieces is not the best solution.

> If you know other way to make DVD under linux, I would enjoy to know
> about that way, and I like to have some chapters in my DVD (made with
> recordings from VDR).

At least on my system I get after the first part that message:
> WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
I get this messages on every start of such a split part. (Using
dvdauthor 0.3.1)

Which means that dvdauthor is dropping audio frames (you find in the
dvdauthor mailinglist archive why) . I heard after every start of every
part except the first part a short time silence. Maybe you HW player
handles that problem better.

When I use several files that were not split that way, I do not hear
that probelm, and the meassage does not appear to.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard