On Sunday 19 Jan 2003 5:53 am, Markus Plail wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> In order to be able to use 'mpeg2enc'oded streams in IfoEdit it is
> necessary to have fixed I-frame location (from what I understand). One
> can create a template for TMPEnc which looks like that:

> 61269,I
> 61281,I
> 61293,I
> 61305,I
> 61317,I
> 61329,I
> 61341,I
> 61353,I
> 61365,I
>
> Would it be possible to change mpeg2enc to only place I-frames at
> certain locations?

Not sure what you mean by "location".  Do you mean I-frames must aligned at
sector boundaries in the multiplexed stream?  This is already done
automatically.  Do you mean the GOPs (Groups-Of-Pictures) must have a fixed
size and B/P frame structure?  Again, what you need is probably already there.

However, I'm puzzled why Ifoedit would demand fixed-size/structure GOPs.  It
is as far as I'm aware definately *not* something required in the DVD
standard...

        Andrew