Hello !

I am encoding some old video tapes at the moment. Many of them are
movies with black bars on top and bottom. Till now, I grab them with
streamer, resolution 480x576 and use yuvscaler to make the borders
really black. Then I encode the whole thing with mpeg2enc.

Is there a way to grab and/or encode only the interesting area (without
black borders)? The whole thing has to be SVCD compatible...

I would be delighted about precise guidance and examples.

Thanks a lot,
--
Markus Grunwald

Registered Linux User Nr 101577      http://www.grunwald.2xs.de