Hi -

> From: Matto Marjanovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Except the Japanese, I guess, since Japanese NTSC uses 0v setup (i.e. none).

        True.  I don't think the unit of measure is 'v' though - isn't it a
        percentage or dimensionless quanity (7.5 IRE in the US).

>  I believe there is a dipswitch on the Canopus DVC-100 for setup; if you
>  are processing analog material from the US, you would want that set to
>  "Yes, setup, please."  It's a question of how the analog signal is
>  interpreted; it's all the same once it is digital (thankfully).

        That's something I've never figured out if I need to do or not.  The
        ADVC100 came with the switch off as the default.   It's unclear if
        turning that on adds or subtracts the 'setup' (pretty skimpy
        documentation).   The one time I did a capture with the switch on
        the results didn't look any different to my eyes but maybe I didn't
        look closely enough (or didn't know what to look for ;)).