Okay,

Here's what I did:

  1. mknod /dev/v4l/video1 c 81 1 (because my bttv
modules takes '/dev/v4l/video0')
  2. export LAV_VIDEO_DEV=/dev/v4l/video1
  3. cd /usr/local/zoran; update buz

I made sure all modules that should be loaded
appeaered to be loaded; the 'videodev' module showed
bot 'zoran' and 'bttv' using it.  However, when I use
the same recording command, I get:

**ERROR: [lavrec] Error opening video-device
(/dev/v4l/video1): No such device
++ WARN: [lavrec] Not ready for capture (state = 0)!

Press enter to start recording>Recording time  :
0.00.00:00
Lost frames     : 000
A/V sync ins/del: 000/000
Audio errors    : 000

Here is a listing of '/dev/v4l':

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ls -l /dev/v4l
total 0
crw-------    1 root     sys       81, 224 Dec 31
1969 vbi0
crw-------    1 root     sys       81,   0 Dec 31
1969 video0
crw-------    1 root     root      81,   1 Mar 21
00:10 video1

As usual, I am stumped :-(  Any other thougths or
ideas are greatly appreciated...

Alan