On Thursday 27 March 2003 00:21, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> A new release of your all-time favourite driver (well, the WLAN drivers
> are cooler, but still ;-) ) is available! This time, we (me) have
> decided unanymously to call this release 0.9.4!

My compliments to all the chefs!

As I couldn't sleep, I've done some tests on this new release and the Buz, and
what can I say? It seems rock solid, on par with the driver before the
rewrite. Good work!

By jiggling around with the video connector, it's still possible to cause
field inversion (it's my understanding that the field order isn't really
detectable while capturing, just when beginning the capture), and I did
manage to make it lose sync completely. I don't think the chip was designed
for that kind of abuse anyway.

However, in more normal circumstances, it seem very hard to make the driver
croak, either from slow disks or missing syncs. (In most cases, it just goes
on capturing if the video signal is lost.)

/Sam