Hi !

> From: Ronald Bultje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >     Here is a patch to fix the problem - it seems that -O6 is too high
> >     and causes the module to be miscompiled somehow.   Changing that to
> >     -O2 fixes the problem:
>
> Hm, even though -O>=4 doesn't guarantee to give proper compilation
> results, isn't this just a compiler bug?

        Yes, I would agree that it is a compiler bug.   Gcc 3.3 was the first
        release in the 3.3.x series so it's quite likely a bug was introduced.
        Earlier versions, such as 2.95.x, work as expected.

> Does it work fine with -O4 (or any other value)?

        It works with -O2 ;)

        I didn't try other values, such as -O3, but editing the Makefile
        and changing the -O6 to  -O2 was the only change needed - I didn't
        modify any of the .c or .h files.