It went from 6 hours encoding a 2 hour movie to 24 hours (total time includes filters,
which I did not change filters between tests).  top shows mpeg2enc using 99% of the
CPU (which I would expect).  I don't see any dip in CPU usage so I don't believe I'm
seeing a stall but am willing to try.

-- Ray