Hi,

> video PTS:  244ms
> video DTS:  144ms
> audio PTS:  262ms
>

> The same video, muxed with bbmpeg gives the following:
>
> video PTS:  280ms
> video DTS:  180ms
> audio PTS:  398ms

This is a known Bug in older Versions of mplex (the audio sync offset is
calculated without taking into account the difference in PTS and DTS of the
first frame). It is basically harmless as it leaves the stream consistent but
does have effect of shifting the audio by one frame interval (for most
streams).  It got fixed some time ago (25/06/2003) so it should be in the
latest release version.  However, there are loads of stale versions that lie
around in odd Projects that don't bother to let me know they're using it
(or feed back Bug reports).

The reason for the reversed sign is that the offset is relative to audio.
I could easily swap it around (its basically handled in the command line
parser).

Anyone object to aligning mplex with the rest?

        Andrew