On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 15:06, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Nicolas Boos wrote:

> > Yes, It's probably SSE related (mpeg2enc runs fine on my old Celeron)

My system is AthlonXP.

> Finding the correct place to disable use of SSE and forcing that
> capability off would be one experiment to try, the other way would

So, normally i compile all multimedia software with:

-march=athlon-xp -mcpu=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

...and add -O2 or -O3 depending on application

Would it be worth trying to compile instead with the normal "-O2
-march=i386 -mcpu=i686"?

> be to adjust the return value of posix_memalign().   The long term
> fix is to upgrade glibc of course ;)

Well, mine is glibc-2.3.2 which is pretty new, and mplex -O still fails.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/