HI!

Sorry to reply on the list, but your host ist blacklisted, so I cannot send email to you.

I tried to use some automatic guesses from y4mscaler, but they did not
do what's IMHO right.

Example:
I have an NTSC AVI with 640x352 16:9. I want to transcode it to MPEG2
NTSC 4:3 (720x480).
According to my calculations, this means X-scaling to 720
and adding 2 black letterbox bars of 64 pixels each:

I calculate:
destX = TVwidth
destY = TVheight x 4/3 x sourceY/sourceX
letterbox = (TVheight - destY) / 2

So:
destX = 720
destY = 480 x 4/3 x 352/640 = 352 (that means, I do not have to scale Y)
letterbox = (480 - 352) / 2 = 64

I tried telling y4mscaler that the source is NTSC_WIDE and the destination is NTSC, I also tried supplying the destination size, but I always ended up with one of these problems: - uses only 630x350 of the source - sets destination active area to 720x204 or something

So I now provide all info manually (source size, dest size, dest active,
dest pos) and this works. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe it's a bug.

Thomas