On Saturday 11 November 2006 05:48, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
> HAllo

> >> Where is that file. I didn't find it on my machine.
> >
> > /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> Sorry for being unclear. I wanted to know the location oth the v4l.conf
> file, not where I find the adress.

/etc/sane.d/v4l.conf

I'm not sure just what that 'v4l.conf -a 0xc0000000' actually does - it
doesn't add anything visible when you cat the file.

> > I wonder if it was because the audio level was set too loud?  It didn't
> > happen at all this time.
>
> That seems unlikely for me. Have you rebooted your system between the
> two tests ?

It seems unlikely to me, too, but I can't think of anything else that changed.
No, there was no reboot.  In fact I don't think I had even logged out during
that time.

> > The only problem I see now is in the terminal message 'Disk too slow, can
> > not keep pace!'.  Perhaps a dma issue?  I'll have to look into that.
>
> With (hdparm /dev/hdX or in the /proc directory) you see if dma is
> enabled.

Yes, I checked it yesterday evening.  It says it is running at udma5

> The disk to slow message come on my system sometimes if I encod
> a video and play it back.

It doesn't seem to be doing any harm.  It does look as though I can carry on
with my tape > dvd conversions.  Thanks again.

Anne