Hi,

I am a newbee to mjpegtools, and I would like to ask some questions.
Small amount of background, I am a researcher and I support many
products at www.nrlmry.navy.mil/sat_products.html.  We make these
satellite products on a linux cluster, and the web servers are also a
linux server farm.  We are in need of producing avi movie loops for many
of our satellite imagery products.  I managed to come across
mjpegtools-1.8.0 and developed some scripts that will allow us to make
avi movie loops of our satellite products.

Now that we have something working, I can't find my answers in any of
the FAQs or READMEs I would like to ask.

1)  The size of the input images that work are 240x160, but we would
like to make these bigger, and short of going through the code I have
not been able to find a way to do this.  Now I uderstand that the mpeg-1
standard is 352x240, which also is small for our desired application.
Have I missed something that would allow us to make bigger imagery into
an avi file?

2)  When using the command:  system("$jpeg2yuv -f $frames_per_second -I
p -j file_%02d.jpg | $yuv2lav -f a -q 80 -o $avi_filename");
I would like to set the frames per second to be much slower than the
default, but when the avi file is played by IE, it looks like 24 fps or
there abouts.  For science it is much better to have the fps around 10
or less, this way you can actually see the dynamical change in the weather.

So, I would like to solve these questions, because with the new IE our
old reliable javascript animator breaks, and I am hoping to use the
avi's as a replacement.  And, I would perfer not to have to learn what
Microsoft demands for javascript these days.

We are very happy with the product, but would like to make some changes.

Thanks.

Kim