On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:18:35 +0200
Jean Delvare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> Is the conversion of the zoran driver from V4L1 to V4L2 part of your
> plans? Apparently V4L1 will be removed from the kernel by the end of
> the year, so the zoran driver needs to be converted, otherwise it will
> be removed as well.

I've looked at it, did that back when it was doubtful the avs6eyes driver would
be included, as V4L1 was marked for removal at that point, too. I found it a
bit large of a task for me at that time, but I've read that it actually is
rather easy, if a bit tedious to do (a small matter of programming).

To answer your question: No, I don't have a conversion on my agenda, in part
because I hoped V4L1 would linger on for a while more, and in part because I
don't know how big a job it would be. The various V2 command and modes do not
have any 1:1 mapping to V1 ones.

Regards,
/Sam