Hi Christian,

mpeg2enc author here!

> Unfortunately I am unable to contribute constructively but I just
> wanted to send a periodic encouragement to take off with mpeg2enc
> where it was left in 2007-02-20 (last working version).

Thanks for the encouragement.  Basically mpeg2enc development has kind of
stalled due to ... (in no particular order)

-  working for a start-up
- the birth of my first child
- getting older and richer and so being able to afford to go racing
Motorcycles
- no longer doing any kind of analog video capture and so having zero use for
an mpeg-2 encoder myself and no handy source of bug-testing material.
- I got rather depressed about the embarrassing state of the "grown" C++ code
compared with my professional efforts.

> While
> this version still gives the me most satisfying results (compared
> to other tools) in dv -> dvd conversion, it would *really* be
> nice to have something with the bugs that came after ironed out!

However...

- the first realistic demo version of our tool is out the door
- I got fast enough on my Motorbike that going faster requires excessive
willingness to crash myself and my Motorbike
- my little son is now a bit bigger and the Christmas vacation is coming
- I want to reach some kind of closure on mpeg2enc to leave it in a reasonable
state.

Here's a deal.  If you can supply me with snippets of video where stuff is
going wrong I'll see if I can get the half-finished stuff in mpeg2enc working
properly.

Drop me an email if you're interested...

cheers,

        Andrew