Hello everyone,

My older machine with a cheap bttv capture card works well with nv
module driving GFORCE 2 MX card. Framebuffer and tiny penguin at boot up
shows, xawtv, glav, etc. works well for video capture and editing.
Recently I installed the proprietary nvidia driver (92.43.23). I had to
recompile the kernel (2.6.32.71) because the nvidia driver conflicted
with the kernel's drm and framebuffer modules. OK, now I have the full
capability of my 24" LCD display with the nvidia driver; AGP is fully
functional and glxgears runs fast. However, video capture is not
possible anymore: xawt screen is blue, but the setup screen lacks
sections starting with video source. I can play existing video files,
just capture capability is dead. So now I made my machine to dual boot
with nv driver or nvidia; I also switch xorg.conf at boot via rc.local
by sensing kernel version loaded.

I'm writing to this forum with a hope that somebody has some idea how to
make nvidia proprietary driver to work with video capture card. Maybe I
should go to some nvidia forum, but I trust the expertise of those who
follow mjpeg-users bulletin board.

One more info: the sysrcd-5.0.0 with 4.9.24 kernel works on my machine;
it loads the nouveau driver, screen resolution is identical with nvidia
driver. I tried to compile 2.6.33.1 kernel from source (the first kernel
that has the nouveau driver), but could not configure to include the
nouveau module. I thought that with the nouveau module, instead of
nvidia driver, capture would work again.

Thanks for your attention - Janos