I'm pretty sure that from the factory, all four lower strut bolts are
identical. I recall that New Dimensions used to sell the special bolts
which provide the adjustabilty. They were sold in pairs, since most people
were just interested in the ability to set the camber to factory specs, or
to add a small amount of negative camber. I wanted more negative camber
than just one bolt provided, so I bought two pair, which allowed me to get
a bit more negative camber. I seem to recall that some VW dealer parts
departments sold the bolts as well under a factory part number. I think the
intention was to allow setting camber after collision repairs.

~Holland

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/CABrbKBkEJxb0aMqKP1OdefkiV7M8oNSga864wythuWfDv9-Kkg%40mail.gmail.com.